12 Days of Christmas Tops, day 9: This stripe sequin top from kate spade is perfect! It mimics a candy cane in the most adorable way. Full disclosure, I don’t usually like to post things i wouldn’t actually buy myself (and at nearly $500 I will not be adding this to my wardrobe) but sometimes it’s fun to just get inspiration from a piece of clothing and hunt around for a less expensive version somewhere else.
Ps. Check out all of the 12 Days of Christmas Tops.
We all have sneakers for running/working out, but I’ve always loved a casual sneaker for every day – like your converse all stars, for example. Well, I am finding TONS of awesome casual sneakers out there right now, and being super duper pregnant and still chasing after a wild 2 year-old, you can imagine my kicks have been in major use lately.
1. Technically these New Balance sneakers are from the boys department at crewcuts, but did you know the conversion for women’s sizes to boys? Your shoe size minus 1 1/2 – I wear a 7 1/2 women’s shoe, 6 in boys.
2. I have always loved a good Marimekko print, so these Converse Oxford Unikko sneakers are just fab – and on sale!
3. The kate spade and keds partnership made some cutey cute casual sneakers, I am partial to the polka dot New York Kick sneaker.
4. Zara always has fun casual sneakers (albeit pricey), this season I am digging the Sneakers with Detailing with that tiny hint of pink.
5. Always being a metallic fan (my favorite neutral), I had to include these new Converse Lace Up sneakers in silver – on my list!
6.I haven’t gone down the casual hightop sneaker road myself, but if I did, I’d try these DKNY Lace Up Wedge Sneakers, don’t you love that coral color?
While we’re in being tourists in the fabulous city of London this week I thought I’d share with you my thoughts on what to wear while you’re being a tourist. When you’re traveling to a place like London, you know you’ll be out and about all day visiting museums, parks, famous stores (Harrod’s!!), all the while trying to look great because you’ll be posing for tons of photos, trying to be comfortable because you’ll be walking miles, and trying to be dressed for the weather – which – in a place like London is a giant variable. SO! With all that in mind, here is what I’ll be wearing while being a tourist this week in London. Seeya later mate (trying to fit in a little)!
1. I am addicted to my chambray, similar to this from Madewell so I will absolutely be wearing it a lot on this trip; 2. A cute baseball cap from kate spade Saturday if it’s sunny and you need to protect your face; 3. A necklace because you still want to accessorize while you’re being a tourist! I love this one from Topshop for a pop of color; 4. You should always carry an umbrella in London, it might as well be cute like this one from Anthropologie; 5. A white tank for under my chambray – these BP double scoop neck tanks from Nordstrom are my fave; 6. I love a bright pant – and they look so great with chambray tops, especially in your vacay photos! I love these Toothpick jeans in Fresh Purple from J. Crew; 7. Our good camera – the Nikon D60 for all our photo taking; 8. ;My favorite Silver Sparkle Converse sneakers – the perfect urban sneaker for a gal who loves sparkle and comfort; and 9. A crossbody bag to hold all your stuff and wear comfortably all day. I have one the same shape and size as this kate spade bag and it’s perfect for travel.
Have you checked out the new Banana Republic Milly Collection? I went on Thursday night, there was a small reception at the Banana Republic in Copley Square where they provided a little snack and beverage as you shopped. I also had the 25% off coupon for Milly items – score! Overall I liked the collection, I would say most of the shapes and cuts of the clothes seemed very Banana Republic while the fabric patterns were more Milly, so overall a true collaborated line. I tried on a few things, and thought the dresses were all really great. I’m not in the market for a dress though, so I ended up getting this cute top. This cut is always very flattering on me and since it also came in petites it was a good fit lengthwise too. In person, the top is so cute, it’s a pinky/coral color with white lace over – delicate and sweet, perfect for a summer evening out. Here is how I will be styling my new top from the Banana Republic Milly Collection:
1. Banana Republic Milly Collection Circle Embroidered Top; 2. kate spade Tickle the Ivories Idion Bangle; 3. kate spade Garden Grove Hinge Bangle in white; 4. Golf Leather tote from Gap; 5. Cropped Matchstick jean from J. Crew; 6. Zoya nail polish in Maya – a pretty bright pink/coral nail polish to coordinate with the BR/Milly top; and 7. Dr. Scholl’s Original Sandals from Nordstrom. I have these in black and LOVE them!
I am so excited that this weekend is Memorial Day – the start of summer – and a 3-day weekend! Do you have any plans? We’ll be heading to the coast this weekend maybe take a few walks, have a picnic, play on the playground, and of course….wear white jeans. Now, I know that old fashioned rule of “no whites before Memorial Day” is obsolete, but white jeans still mean summer to me. I love a bright white pair of white jeans paired with a bright top for the summer, don’t you? For me, white jeans replace my denim jeans for the summer and I feel like I wear them with everything – bright tops, stripes, neutrals. And I feel like I wear them to everything – weekend events, afternoon walks, and even dressed up for a night on the town. Here is how I’ll be wearing my white jeans this weekend in celebration of the (unofficial) start of summer:
1. Bright v-neck blouse from Zara; 2. Colorful vintage brooch from etsy. I’m into incorporating vintage brooches into outfits since my Brimfield finds over the weekend; 3. A nice bright orange/red nail – Hip-Anema from essie; 4. Sailors Knot Hinge Bangle from kate spade because I always equate nautical things with summer; 5. The colors and metallic stripe of this J. Crew Sea Bags medium tote just screams summer to me; 6. White Rockstar Super Skinny jeans from Old Navy because I personally cannot spend a lot on anything white because it gets dingy and/or stained so easily; and 7. Silver Saltwater Sandals for comfort while walking around all weekend.
I hope you have a great long weekend!
I mentioned last week that I like the spring trend of floral patterns but to be careful because all those flowers could easily become too much. Don’t you agree? You should also be mindful of what wardrobe piece you are buying in a floral pattern. You want to look for modern cuts when you’re shopping for floral because you could easily look matronly. For example: a floral skinny leg pant? Great. A floral collared button down shirt? Matronly.
I have put together a great outfit below for an example of how to best wear the floral trend – even with more than one floral piece:
1. Threadbloom blouse from Anthropologie worn tucked in; 2. Marc by Marc Jacobs bright orange cardigan from Bloomingdales; 3. Colorful beaded tea necklace (only $38! btw) from Swell Caroline; 4. Bright hair ties for your ponytail from Nordstrom; 5. Floral print trousers by Zara, these are a great outfit base because although they’re floral, they are almost considered neutral with the simple 2-color pattern; 6. Willow Road Gia handbag from Kate Spade; and 7. J. Crew Green etta pumps.
To me, Easter Sunday, no matter when it falls on the calendar, is always an excuse to get dolled up in spring-y clothes. This year, even though we’ll be celebrating in about a week and there will (most likely) be snow on the ground, I am still dawning an outfit fit for a spring afternoon. I showed you last week what our Z will be wearing, so now it’s my turn!
1. Smocked crepe blouse from Old Navy; 2. Belle Fleur Statement Collar from kate spade; 3. Dark blue spring-weight coat from H&M; 4. Grey polka dot pants, old, from Anthro; 5. Easter Lilly; 6. Colorful floral Nine West shoes from Zappos; and 7. Jewel in the Rough Pouch from Anthro.