I feel like summer is the perfect time to have brightly painted nails, agree? It’s also a more casual time where you can experiment with interesting and new colors that maybe aren’t your normal go-to shades. Here are my current favorite summer nail colors, let me know if you try any!
1. Ok, I am talking to you about colorful summer nail polish and I start with a neutral. But, well, sometimes you need a break from all that color and when I so, I really like Zoya’s Laurie, 3 coats.
2. Sometimes a little orange on your nails is just perfect for hazy summer. My favorite orange of the moment is essie’s bazooka. It’s technically neon, but it looks great on.
3. I am wearing this as I type, it’s MiniLuxe’s Lolita. It looks like it could be *too much but trust, me it’s great once it’s on your nails and is just enough neon purple/pink without feeling overwhelming.
4. I had to include a red in this round-up because well, red nails are classic. I love essie’s hip-anema for summer. It’s a nice, soft red with a slight coral tint.
5. You know by now how I feel about this pistachio/minty green, right? Well I love it on nails too. I got a manicure for Mother’s Day with this as the French tips and I just loved the look and would recommend it. I also like this idea of little polka dots in this color, too. This is Zoya’s Neely.
I’ve already declared that in place of regular denim I like to wear white jeans in the summer. But then I was perusing the internet and found these amazing, lightweight jeans and I think I spoke too soon! I love the pattern of these pants that from afar look like they might be a blue tribal pattern…but close up you see that they are in fact floral. There is also piping down each leg to give them a tuxedo pant effect. So original! I had to think of an outfit idea and share them with you, you may be surprised, but I went mostly neutral to let the pants really shine. Let me know what you think and if you’d wear these pants in place of your heavier denim for summer.
1. Silk Cargo Tank from Madewell, worn loosely tucked in; 2. This navy Fan Necklace from J. Crew Factory makes the look; 3. Simple cardigan from J.Crew Factory, the pop of bright green looks great with the pants.; 4. The outfit would look great with my favorite navy nail essie‘s Bobbing for Baubles; 5. The pants! Looker Skinny Jeans from Mother at Shopbop; 6. My sister just got a new Tory Burch so that inspired me to pair this outfit with one of Tory‘s new Straw Basket Tote Bags for summer. I love the whole line but this one looks great with this outfit; and 7. I’ve been coveting these Studded espadrille slip-ons from Zara. You know how I love espadrilles…
I am so excited that this weekend is Memorial Day – the start of summer – and a 3-day weekend! Do you have any plans? We’ll be heading to the coast this weekend maybe take a few walks, have a picnic, play on the playground, and of course….wear white jeans. Now, I know that old fashioned rule of “no whites before Memorial Day” is obsolete, but white jeans still mean summer to me. I love a bright white pair of white jeans paired with a bright top for the summer, don’t you? For me, white jeans replace my denim jeans for the summer and I feel like I wear them with everything – bright tops, stripes, neutrals. And I feel like I wear them to everything – weekend events, afternoon walks, and even dressed up for a night on the town. Here is how I’ll be wearing my white jeans this weekend in celebration of the (unofficial) start of summer:
1. Bright v-neck blouse from Zara; 2. Colorful vintage brooch from etsy. I’m into incorporating vintage brooches into outfits since my Brimfield finds over the weekend; 3. A nice bright orange/red nail – Hip-Anema from essie; 4. Sailors Knot Hinge Bangle from kate spade because I always equate nautical things with summer; 5. The colors and metallic stripe of this J. Crew Sea Bags medium tote just screams summer to me; 6. White Rockstar Super Skinny jeans from Old Navy because I personally cannot spend a lot on anything white because it gets dingy and/or stained so easily; and 7. Silver Saltwater Sandals for comfort while walking around all weekend.
I hope you have a great long weekend!
What mother doesn’t like to be taken out for brunch for Mother’s Day? I sure do! I always appreciate a reason to get dolled up and eat delicious food, I bet that’s not a surprise to hear. =) This year for Mother’s Day we’re heading to brunch with my mom and dad and my sister and her family. I think I’ll wear a springy dress and wear it with accessories similar to what I’ve rounded up below. By the way, isn’t this dress just great? I love that it’s coral but has some blues and pistachio green mixed in.
1. Asos Magic Spike Stone Drop Earrings; 2. Topshop Neon Jaquard Seam Shift dress (I love the pattern of this dress); 3. A manicure in essie‘s she’s pampered (my personal favorite red of the moment); 4. Pyramid Stud Waist Belt from Forever21; 5. Anthropologie Mom Necklace; 6. Finesse Ahead of Schedule tote (even on Mother’s Day, a mom always has lots to carry) from Modcloth; and 7. Asymmetric flat sandals from Zara (they come in yellow and orange, too!).
I hope you have a great Mother’s Day!