We all have sneakers for running/working out, but I’ve always loved a casual sneaker for every day – like your converse all stars, for example. Well, I am finding TONS of awesome casual sneakers out there right now, and being super duper pregnant and still chasing after a wild 2 year-old, you can imagine my kicks have been in major use lately.
1. Technically these New Balance sneakers are from the boys department at crewcuts, but did you know the conversion for women’s sizes to boys? Your shoe size minus 1 1/2 – I wear a 7 1/2 women’s shoe, 6 in boys.
2. I have always loved a good Marimekko print, so these Converse Oxford Unikko sneakers are just fab – and on sale!
3. The kate spade and keds partnership made some cutey cute casual sneakers, I am partial to the polka dot New York Kick sneaker.
4. Zara always has fun casual sneakers (albeit pricey), this season I am digging the Sneakers with Detailing with that tiny hint of pink.
5. Always being a metallic fan (my favorite neutral), I had to include these new Converse Lace Up sneakers in silver – on my list!
6.I haven’t gone down the casual hightop sneaker road myself, but if I did, I’d try these DKNY Lace Up Wedge Sneakers, don’t you love that coral color?
Temps finally rose for us in the New England area the past few days, and don’t get me wrong – I love a good 40-degree day when you can go out in a sweater and a vest instead of every layer you own PLUS a down winter coat just to stay warm. But – you better still be wearing your boots or galoshes because the 3 feet of snow outside is melllllting. Like everyone else, I am jumping on the “I can’t wait for spring” bandwagon and pulling together a bunch of items that I am desperate to wear now but will have to wait until spring, but I am focusing on footwear. Footwear is the final piece to the thank-God-it’s-finally-spring puzzle because you have wait a lonnnng time to wear them without fear of ruining them in snow and endless puddles. Here’s a little round-up of some spring shoes I am coveting right now…
1. Love these Nautical Ballerina flats from Zara. 2. I am obsessed with the shape of d’orsay flats and can’t wait to get a pair – I love these Ted Baker London Cadeen Flats, the pop of peach is lovely. 3. These Soludos Lace Up Espadrille Flats are adorable and look SO comfy. 4. I had to include a yellow shoe because I always think yellow when I think spring. Aren’t these Tippy Pumps from Anthropologie perfect? 5. A bright-patterned ballet flat is perfect for spring, I love these DV8 by Dolce Vita Tasmin Flats and they’re under $40! 6. And these Lucky Brand Two Piece Flats, these just scream spring! 7. Chuck Taylor Metallic in Rose Gold – the perfect feminine sneaker for spring. 8. I love these pink J.Crew Collection Blakely summer stripe pumps, just the perfect bright color.
What shoes are you looking forward to wearing when it gets warmer AND drier?
While we’re in being tourists in the fabulous city of London this week I thought I’d share with you my thoughts on what to wear while you’re being a tourist. When you’re traveling to a place like London, you know you’ll be out and about all day visiting museums, parks, famous stores (Harrod’s!!), all the while trying to look great because you’ll be posing for tons of photos, trying to be comfortable because you’ll be walking miles, and trying to be dressed for the weather – which – in a place like London is a giant variable. SO! With all that in mind, here is what I’ll be wearing while being a tourist this week in London. Seeya later mate (trying to fit in a little)!
1. I am addicted to my chambray, similar to this from Madewell so I will absolutely be wearing it a lot on this trip; 2. A cute baseball cap from kate spade Saturday if it’s sunny and you need to protect your face; 3. A necklace because you still want to accessorize while you’re being a tourist! I love this one from Topshop for a pop of color; 4. You should always carry an umbrella in London, it might as well be cute like this one from Anthropologie; 5. A white tank for under my chambray – these BP double scoop neck tanks from Nordstrom are my fave; 6. I love a bright pant – and they look so great with chambray tops, especially in your vacay photos! I love these Toothpick jeans in Fresh Purple from J. Crew; 7. Our good camera – the Nikon D60 for all our photo taking; 8. ;My favorite Silver Sparkle Converse sneakers – the perfect urban sneaker for a gal who loves sparkle and comfort; and 9. A crossbody bag to hold all your stuff and wear comfortably all day. I have one the same shape and size as this kate spade bag and it’s perfect for travel.
I used to go to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Boston’s Southie EVERY year. You’d wear green, dress in layers, have some Guinness – it was always a blast. I haven’t been in a couple years (you can imagine why – a little someone whose name begins with a Z) but if I were going this year, I would wear something like this. Luck ‘o the Irish!
1. Hat from Zazzle; 2. Long sleeve t-shirt from Cafe Press; 3. Claddagh ring from Overstock.com; 4. A can of Guinness; 5. BDG Jeans from Urban Outfitters; 6. Madewell’s coral jean jacket for a pop of color (other than green); 7. Four leaf clover socks; and 8. Green Converse sneakers.
We had a good week around here, we weren’t too busy, which is nice so we could appreciate the simple things. The biggest news I have is I will reveal a major blog redesign on Monday! Make sure to check www.styledbyjess.com first thing Monday morning – I’d love to hear your feedback when the new site is revealed!
Here’s a photo recap of our week:
My obsession with pistachio green began when I found this necklace at J. Crew Factory.
We got Z some mega blocks and she has been building towers ever since… This baby is going to be a lego kid just like her daddy. =)
We got our ingredients for our Blue Apron meals – more on this next week!
I am excited to start making Easter crafts! I will have start sharing ideas next week…
Have a great weekend, here are some fun links:
J.Crew behind the scenes Spring/Summer 2013 presentation.
Shirley MacLaine is back for season 4 of Downton Abbey!
Here is a fun interview with working mom and Crewcuts designer Jenny Cooper.
Bloomingdales interviews Milly designer Michelle Smith about her Spring 2013 collection. I cannot seem to get enough of her bright preppy prints!
This new Marimekko print Converse sneaker line is awesome I love the yellow flower high tops the best.