I got a couple emails asking about our outfits in the holiday photos I shared earlier this week so I thought I’d put together a post of what the kids wore. I always love to put together holiday outfits for Z and was so excited to now have Baby M this year and the challenge of finding coordinating outfits for them – not too matchy patchy but definitely meant to go together. The first step was finding Z’s dress. She is really into girlie, frilly dresses lately and when I saw this dress by Joyfolie on super clearance on Gilt (I got it for less than $10!) I knew that was her Christmas dress. I also knew I wanted Baby M to be all gussied up in suspenders and a bowtie because, well, what’s cuter than that? So then I found this amazing woman on etsy who makes bows, bowties, and knits beautiful scarves (one of her scarves is definitely on my Christmas list this year!). I loved the tomato plaid for a pretty red and placed my order. I changed out the pink ribbon for red on Z’s dress and then found red sweaters for them both. And well, you know the rest – you’ve seen the photos! Ps. Hover below for links! You probably know that, but thought I’d share as the linked words are not quite as obvious on my new blog design.
1. Red Cardigan crewcuts. 2. Hair bow Lululuvs etsy shop. 3. Dress Joyfolie (from Gilt). 4. Glittery shoes Nordstrom (very similar). 5. Cable knit tights Old Navy.
1. Pants with suspenders H&M (similar). 2. Bowtie Lululuvs etsy shop. 3. White Button down shirt babyGAP. 4. Shawl-Collar Red Cardigan Old Navy. 5. Herringbone Robeez Amazon (similar).
Last time I talked about postpartum style I was days away from giving birth and daydreaming about wearing anything but maternity clothes. While the outfit I shared is still a fave, now that it’s just about 12 weeks later (how is M 12 weeks old?!) I thought I’d share another version of my go-to postpartum outfits I’ve been sporting all summer. Pardon the selfies, but, ya know…
Skinny jeans 1 size larger than my norm, flowy tops, and Gizeh birks have been my everything this summer.
This top is on double sale at Anthropologie right now and it’s adorable. Dress it up or down, I’ve been loving it. It’s stylish, a great summery color, and just flowy enough to cover that postpartum tummy.
A couple other postpartum outfits I’ve posted in my Instagram feed:
Colorful sundress from Zara (similar)
Navy dress with embroidery and pompoms from crewcuts (yes, crewcuts size 16 – try it!)
An outfit of jeans and the cutest summer espadrilles from GAP (can’t find them online but I bet they’re still at stores in the sale section!)
Yesterday I shared a round-up of fun, cute casual sneakers with you…for adults. Today, I share with you my Z’s casual sneakers, which are my favorite of all. I found these sneakers during the summer Zara sale and bought them in a bigger size for her to wear later. Well – it’s later and they fit and they are just the cutest and coolest sneakers. I love that they’re slightly grown-up looking (not your usual kid-look, ya know?) but they are really good sneakers on her feet for all the running, hopping, jumping she does.
Striped sweatshirt – crewcuts (old) / Jeans – Lucky Brand / casual sneakers – Zara (old) (similar 1, 2, 3 – put some bright laces in this last pair!)
We all have sneakers for running/working out, but I’ve always loved a casual sneaker for every day – like your converse all stars, for example. Well, I am finding TONS of awesome casual sneakers out there right now, and being super duper pregnant and still chasing after a wild 2 year-old, you can imagine my kicks have been in major use lately.
1. Technically these New Balance sneakers are from the boys department at crewcuts, but did you know the conversion for women’s sizes to boys? Your shoe size minus 1 1/2 – I wear a 7 1/2 women’s shoe, 6 in boys.
2. I have always loved a good Marimekko print, so these Converse Oxford Unikko sneakers are just fab – and on sale!
3. The kate spade and keds partnership made some cutey cute casual sneakers, I am partial to the polka dot New York Kick sneaker.
4. Zara always has fun casual sneakers (albeit pricey), this season I am digging the Sneakers with Detailing with that tiny hint of pink.
5. Always being a metallic fan (my favorite neutral), I had to include these new Converse Lace Up sneakers in silver – on my list!
6.I haven’t gone down the casual hightop sneaker road myself, but if I did, I’d try these DKNY Lace Up Wedge Sneakers, don’t you love that coral color?