I love Marimekko prints – as evident if you ever come to my house and see this large (I mean large) Marimekko print hanging in the dining area of our kitchen. Marimekko is a Finnish design house that is known for making prints using bold colors and patterns – exactly my style!
So, you can imagine how excited I was to hear about the new Banana Republic Marimekko Collection that comes out May 22nd. The collection consists of 5 distinct Marimekko prints created by 3 different designers. The prints were pulled from the Marimekko archives.
Image from bananarepublic.com
I just LOVE the big polka dot print (called Kivet) and especially the colorful print on the far right (called Siirtolapuutarha). Happy shopping!
We all have sneakers for running/working out, but I’ve always loved a casual sneaker for every day – like your converse all stars, for example. Well, I am finding TONS of awesome casual sneakers out there right now, and being super duper pregnant and still chasing after a wild 2 year-old, you can imagine my kicks have been in major use lately.
1. Technically these New Balance sneakers are from the boys department at crewcuts, but did you know the conversion for women’s sizes to boys? Your shoe size minus 1 1/2 – I wear a 7 1/2 women’s shoe, 6 in boys.
2. I have always loved a good Marimekko print, so these Converse Oxford Unikko sneakers are just fab – and on sale!
3. The kate spade and keds partnership made some cutey cute casual sneakers, I am partial to the polka dot New York Kick sneaker.
4. Zara always has fun casual sneakers (albeit pricey), this season I am digging the Sneakers with Detailing with that tiny hint of pink.
5. Always being a metallic fan (my favorite neutral), I had to include these new Converse Lace Up sneakers in silver – on my list!
6.I haven’t gone down the casual hightop sneaker road myself, but if I did, I’d try these DKNY Lace Up Wedge Sneakers, don’t you love that coral color?
April is know to be a rainy month, so what should you wear to still look great but stay dry? I tend to like to wear bright colors on gloomy, rainy days – do you? I’ve put together a cute and colorful outfit below to give you some ideas. Sidenote: I just bought the little raincoat and it’s SO cute. It’s very thin, which will be great for warmer weather. I love that it’s the shape of a trench but also has a hood for when it’s especially down-pouring and you’re caught without an umbrella.
1. Oriental print shirt from Zara – a floral top under your raincoat is great to remind you spring flowers are on their way; 2. A Longchamp, the perfect waterproof bag; 3. Hooded tartan trench form Anthropologie, on sale right now; 4. Sleek Lifeproof waterproof iPhone case to protect your phone as you text in the rain; 5. Colorful Marimekko print umbrella; 6. J. Crew toothpick jean in huron; and 7. I love these rainboots by Kamik, they’re a great height and the little crest is cute and preppy.
We had a good week around here, we weren’t too busy, which is nice so we could appreciate the simple things. The biggest news I have is I will reveal a major blog redesign on Monday! Make sure to check www.styledbyjess.com first thing Monday morning – I’d love to hear your feedback when the new site is revealed!
Here’s a photo recap of our week:
My obsession with pistachio green began when I found this necklace at J. Crew Factory.
We got Z some mega blocks and she has been building towers ever since… This baby is going to be a lego kid just like her daddy. =)
We got our ingredients for our Blue Apron meals – more on this next week!
I am excited to start making Easter crafts! I will have start sharing ideas next week…
Have a great weekend, here are some fun links:
J.Crew behind the scenes Spring/Summer 2013 presentation.
Shirley MacLaine is back for season 4 of Downton Abbey!
Here is a fun interview with working mom and Crewcuts designer Jenny Cooper.
Bloomingdales interviews Milly designer Michelle Smith about her Spring 2013 collection. I cannot seem to get enough of her bright preppy prints!
This new Marimekko print Converse sneaker line is awesome I love the yellow flower high tops the best.