I feel like summer is the perfect time to have brightly painted nails, agree? It’s also a more casual time where you can experiment with interesting and new colors that maybe aren’t your normal go-to shades. Here are my current favorite summer nail colors, let me know if you try any!
1. Ok, I am talking to you about colorful summer nail polish and I start with a neutral. But, well, sometimes you need a break from all that color and when I so, I really like Zoya’s Laurie, 3 coats.
2. Sometimes a little orange on your nails is just perfect for hazy summer. My favorite orange of the moment is essie’s bazooka. It’s technically neon, but it looks great on.
3. I am wearing this as I type, it’s MiniLuxe’s Lolita. It looks like it could be *too much but trust, me it’s great once it’s on your nails and is just enough neon purple/pink without feeling overwhelming.
4. I had to include a red in this round-up because well, red nails are classic. I love essie’s hip-anema for summer. It’s a nice, soft red with a slight coral tint.
5. You know by now how I feel about this pistachio/minty green, right? Well I love it on nails too. I got a manicure for Mother’s Day with this as the French tips and I just loved the look and would recommend it. I also like this idea of little polka dots in this color, too. This is Zoya’s Neely.
Have you checked out the new Banana Republic Milly Collection? I went on Thursday night, there was a small reception at the Banana Republic in Copley Square where they provided a little snack and beverage as you shopped. I also had the 25% off coupon for Milly items – score! Overall I liked the collection, I would say most of the shapes and cuts of the clothes seemed very Banana Republic while the fabric patterns were more Milly, so overall a true collaborated line. I tried on a few things, and thought the dresses were all really great. I’m not in the market for a dress though, so I ended up getting this cute top. This cut is always very flattering on me and since it also came in petites it was a good fit lengthwise too. In person, the top is so cute, it’s a pinky/coral color with white lace over – delicate and sweet, perfect for a summer evening out. Here is how I will be styling my new top from the Banana Republic Milly Collection:
1. Banana Republic Milly Collection Circle Embroidered Top; 2. kate spade Tickle the Ivories Idion Bangle; 3. kate spade Garden Grove Hinge Bangle in white; 4. Golf Leather tote from Gap; 5. Cropped Matchstick jean from J. Crew; 6. Zoya nail polish in Maya – a pretty bright pink/coral nail polish to coordinate with the BR/Milly top; and 7. Dr. Scholl’s Original Sandals from Nordstrom. I have these in black and LOVE them!
I didn’t think it could get better than last year, but yesterday I had the loveliest Mother’s Day so I wanted to share some details with you!
My Mother’s Day celebration actually started Friday afternoon when I got a manicure courtesy of MiniLuxe. I had them do an interesting take on a french manicure using my favorite Zoya pistachio green polish.
Sunday, I woke up to a bouquet of lovely spring flowers and donuts from Union Square donuts – and a little munchkin who decided to sleep til 8:30! *Note – she was up in the middle of night for a bit (when does all this teething end), but still…
And then we met my mom and sister (and dads and kids) for a yummy brunch at my sister’s club. Us moms and kids posed overlooking the 9th tee. *Photo Note – my Z had had enough at this point and was late for her nap! And look at my niece, mommy in training with her Bitty Baby and my little nephew, the woof-ing puppy!
I lounged, read, and relaxed while our Z finally took her nap in the afternoon…and after a quick trip to the playground to run around we had my favorite dinner – Pasta Bolognese, I am such a lucky mommy! I learned from my amazing mom so hopefully I will be the same for my Z!