Last time I talked about postpartum style I was days away from giving birth and daydreaming about wearing anything but maternity clothes. While the outfit I shared is still a fave, now that it’s just about 12 weeks later (how is M 12 weeks old?!) I thought I’d share another version of my go-to postpartum outfits I’ve been sporting all summer. Pardon the selfies, but, ya know…
Skinny jeans 1 size larger than my norm, flowy tops, and Gizeh birks have been my everything this summer.
This top is on double sale at Anthropologie right now and it’s adorable. Dress it up or down, I’ve been loving it. It’s stylish, a great summery color, and just flowy enough to cover that postpartum tummy.
A couple other postpartum outfits I’ve posted in my Instagram feed:
Colorful sundress from Zara (similar)
Navy dress with embroidery and pompoms from crewcuts (yes, crewcuts size 16 – try it!)
An outfit of jeans and the cutest summer espadrilles from GAP (can’t find them online but I bet they’re still at stores in the sale section!)
Unless you are genetically lucky (or a Hollywood star) it’s going to take you some time to get back into your skinny jeans after you have a baby. Since my guy is coming any minute now I have moved on from maternity style to think about what I’ll be wearing this summer in my postpartum days of feeling chubbier than my norm. When I had my Z, the weather was cool so my postpartum style included yoga pants (obviously) and jeans that were a size or 2 larger than my norm. This time I’ll be postpartum in the heat of the summer so I’m lucky I’ll be able to wear flowy skirts and maxi dresses – only when I feel like getting out of yoga pants, ha! Another thing that I’ll be sporting is the newly trendy dressy tie (or elastic) waste pants. Have you seen these? They’re like fancy sweatpants! And everyone is making them! I got the pair from Zara below, but I’ve included plenty of links to others I’ve seen out there.
1. Nursing Scarf – I am by no means an in-public nursing aficionado and still rely on some sort of blanket/cover/scarf thing to ensure privacy. This nursing scarf is pretty cute.
2. Gilligan & O’Malley nursing tank from Target – perfect for summer as it looks more like a top than a nursing tank so you don’t have to wear something over it.
3. Loose-fit Printed Trousers from Zara – the print of these is perfect for summer. I am showing how I’d wear them every day with a nursing tank and my Birks, but you could easily dress these up with a buttoned top or dressier tank and strappy sandals once you’re out of the barely-leaving-home infant stage. Here are some other links to similar elastic or tie-waste pant options: GAP, Asos, Asos, Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdale’s, Old Navy
4. Skip Hop baby bag – we haven’t used our baby bag as much now that Z is older, but infants require SO much while out and about we’ve taken it out of the closet and will use it constantly. Ours is actually the Wave Dot design but the one above looks cuter with this outfit.
5. Silver Gizeh Birkenstocks – I think I said enough about these shoes yesterday.