Ruffles…not just for the bums of baby tights anymore! Ruffles are everywhere right now and are huge for spring fashion. But as an adult how do you incorporate a ruffle without looking like a 3 year old? I bought this amazing faux leather jacket from Zara recently that has just a hint of ruffle on the shoulders. It’s just enough to add a little drama and interest to the jacket, and it inspired me to dust off the ‘ol keyboard and put a blog post together.
Some tips on wearing ruffles as a grown woman:
– When you’re an adult wearing ruffles, stick to one ruffled item at a time.
– You want to pair your ruffled item with something a little edgy to balance it out…distressed denim, ankle boots, a (non-ruffled) bomber, denim, or leather jacket.
– Have fun! It’s always fun to try a new trend, dive in and experiment the next time you’re in a dressing room!
- Here’s the Leather Effect Frilled Jacket from Zara I mentioned above. It’s so cute on and the ruffle at the wrist and waist is just enough.
- I’m always looking for a way to elevate my jeans and a t-shirt mom uniform and this Bobeau Poplin Ruffle Tee from Nordstrom certainly does the trick! This would great with white jeans (obviously) but also with a pair of light distressed jeans.
- These Loeffler Randall Vera Ruffle Slide Sandals are gorgeous! I love the delicate ruffle in suede.
- I love this Willow and Paige Ribbed sweater from ASOS! The ruffled shoulders are totally adorable. I have the sweater in purple and white stripes and usually wear with dark denim and black ankle boots but it also comes in pink and beige.
- J. Crew is doing ruffles on a bathing suit! This Ruffle Bandeau One-piece is adorable and a little bust ruffle is always a nice way to flatter anyone with a smaller top.
- These Tory Burch Ruffle Sneakers are the cutest. Sneakers. Ever! Perfect for spring/summer.
Are you wearing ruffles yet?!
12 Days of Christmas Tops, day 5: This French Connection Million Stars Embellishment shirt from ASOS just screams Christmas top to me. I love the navy, the gold stars, the sheer parts of the shirt, I love it all. I would wear this with cream pants and gold strappy shoes for an unbelievable Christmas outfit.
Ps. Check out all of the 12 Days of Christmas Tops.
With the groundhog seeing his shadow yesterday, winter is here to stay for (at least) another 6 weeks. Plus, in the northeast we got another foot and a half of snow and we’re sort of at the point when you think you’ll never see the ground ever again. That said, I hope you have a great coat to make you warm and toasty when you go outside. Winter coats are like sweaters in that they often make you feel giant and bulky but below are a bunch that are warm and cute and you won’t mind wearing for the next 6
1. THE coat of the season (which I was lucky enough to receive for Christmas!!). The J. Crew Chateau parka is so warm and so chic. I have loved wearing it for the past month and it’s the only thing keeping me going through all these snow storms. 2. Duffle coats are so classic and always remind me of the loveable Paddington Bear. I love this Duffle Coat with Drop Waste from Asos, it’s a little dressier and feminine than the usal boxy shape of a duffle coat. 3. Fur is warm but oh so expensive! Here’s a fun faux fur option from Topshop that won’t break the bank. 4. Puffy coats are obviously super warm but can look shapeless. I love this Down Anorak with Furry Hood from Zara because of the addition of a skinny belt to highlight your waist. 5. Leather is stylish, but not always warm but this Marc New York Distressed Faux Shearling Coat is both! 6. This Fur-trim Camo Puffer from GAP is a more casual coat, so cute for bitter cold days!
What mother doesn’t like to be taken out for brunch for Mother’s Day? I sure do! I always appreciate a reason to get dolled up and eat delicious food, I bet that’s not a surprise to hear. =) This year for Mother’s Day we’re heading to brunch with my mom and dad and my sister and her family. I think I’ll wear a springy dress and wear it with accessories similar to what I’ve rounded up below. By the way, isn’t this dress just great? I love that it’s coral but has some blues and pistachio green mixed in.
1. Asos Magic Spike Stone Drop Earrings; 2. Topshop Neon Jaquard Seam Shift dress (I love the pattern of this dress); 3. A manicure in essie‘s she’s pampered (my personal favorite red of the moment); 4. Pyramid Stud Waist Belt from Forever21; 5. Anthropologie Mom Necklace; 6. Finesse Ahead of Schedule tote (even on Mother’s Day, a mom always has lots to carry) from Modcloth; and 7. Asymmetric flat sandals from Zara (they come in yellow and orange, too!).
I hope you have a great Mother’s Day!