Unless you are genetically lucky (or a Hollywood star) it’s going to take you some time to get back into your skinny jeans after you have a baby. Since my guy is coming any minute now I have moved on from maternity style to think about what I’ll be wearing this summer in my postpartum days of feeling chubbier than my norm. When I had my Z, the weather was cool so my postpartum style included yoga pants (obviously) and jeans that were a size or 2 larger than my norm. This time I’ll be postpartum in the heat of the summer so I’m lucky I’ll be able to wear flowy skirts and maxi dresses – only when I feel like getting out of yoga pants, ha! Another thing that I’ll be sporting is the newly trendy dressy tie (or elastic) waste pants. Have you seen these? They’re like fancy sweatpants! And everyone is making them! I got the pair from Zara below, but I’ve included plenty of links to others I’ve seen out there.
1. Nursing Scarf – I am by no means an in-public nursing aficionado and still rely on some sort of blanket/cover/scarf thing to ensure privacy. This nursing scarf is pretty cute.
2. Gilligan & O’Malley nursing tank from Target – perfect for summer as it looks more like a top than a nursing tank so you don’t have to wear something over it.
3. Loose-fit Printed Trousers from Zara – the print of these is perfect for summer. I am showing how I’d wear them every day with a nursing tank and my Birks, but you could easily dress these up with a buttoned top or dressier tank and strappy sandals once you’re out of the barely-leaving-home infant stage. Here are some other links to similar elastic or tie-waste pant options: GAP, Asos, Asos, Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdale’s, Old Navy
4. Skip Hop baby bag – we haven’t used our baby bag as much now that Z is older, but infants require SO much while out and about we’ve taken it out of the closet and will use it constantly. Ours is actually the Wave Dot design but the one above looks cuter with this outfit.
5. Silver Gizeh Birkenstocks – I think I said enough about these shoes yesterday.
2 thoughts on “What to Wear – Postpartum”
So glad that you are actually thinking about postpartum wardrobe and stocking up. My first daughter came in July, and I was so overwhelmed getting things ready for her that I totally ignored my post delivery wardrobe, and spent the next few months STILL wearing maternity clothes and my husband’s t-shirts. Urgh. Can never forget that style challenged summer! Good luck to you!