We love TOMS in this house, I’ve blogged about them for years and my Z has a new pair every time her feet grow, or so it seems. Not only are they stylish, but they’re comfy, AND you can feel good about buying them with TOMS one for one program. I’m excited to share with you today that TOMS is offering 15% off footwear and eyewear at TOMS.com with code SEPTEMBER at checkout! Valid 8/26 through 9/1. And you guys – current styles of TOMS never go on sale, so you should jump on this! Here’s a few of my faves for everyone in our family, even though technically only Z is going back to school this Fall…
For my husband
and a pair of Tiny TOMS for Baby M!
15% off footwear and eyewear at TOMS.com with code SEPTEMBER at checkout! Valid 8/26 through 9/1.
*Links in this post are affiliate links where I could make a small commission on purchases made – thanks for supporting the brands that support Styled by Jess. As always, all opinions are my own, we’ve been wearing TOMS for years and love ’em!
It’s too hot here so we’re heading to the beach! I sound so spontaneous, don’t I? It just so happens that we (in the Boston area) are in the middle of a heat wave and all I can think about is diving into a cold body of water so we are in fact lucky we were already planning for the beach! And we got our Z a floaty in the shape of a kitty cat. She loves it, obviously – pics soon, I promise. Stay cool!
1. I wear the Sun-lite cover-up from the Patagonia girls department (the XL fits fine). It has UPF sun protection of 50+ which is main the reason I bought it, but it’s cute too. 2. One-pieces that aren’t matronly are hard to find. J. Crew has a great assortment and if you still need one for the summer the sale suits are an extra 30% off right now with code EXRTRA30. I have the Liberty Ruffled Tank in Amy Hurrel Floral. 3. You need shades for the beach, I love these Toms Sandela sunglasses. And their sunglasses are part of their one for one campaign just like their shoes! 4. A simple read is perfect for the beach (when I’m not chasing after Z). Right now I’m enjoying Revenge Wears Prada (the sequel to the Devil Wears Prada). 5. I love the idea of this Beach Mat with Pillow from Target for lounging at the beach, and it rolls up for convenient schlepping from the car! 6. I still wear classic J. Crew flip flops every summer. and 7. Large, classic L.L.Bean tote to carry your towel, reading material, sunblock, etc…
**Don’t forget your sunscreen! I wear Neutrogena Ultimate Sport on my body and Elta MD on my face.
Since Earth Day is next Monday, April 22nd, I thought I’d put an outfit together that is environmentally green – whether the items are made from recycled material and/or made in a green certified factory. It’s not an easy feat, even in these times, to know you’re buying something that hasn’t hurt the environment – but the options are out there if you just dig a little deeper. And you can clearly still look great while saving the Earth.
1. Adorable striped cashmere sweater from Chinti and Parker, a clothing company created by 2 cousins with the mission to create beautiful, ethically made garments that value style on par with substance.
2. Ultra Tee – Made of 100% Tencel Lyocell Fine Jersey, it is produced exclusively from the wood pulp of Eucalyptus making it one of the most environmentally friendly man-made cellulosic fibers.
3. Large wood bangle bracelet from Green Diva Jewelry. Only a few of these bangles can be produced each year as they are handcrafted using palm wood from South America only after it has naturally and sustainably fallen to the ground, rather than being harvested.
4. Jessica Alba’s new book The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You where she writes about her personal journey of discovery and reveals her tips for making healthy living fun, real, and stylish, while offering a candid look inside her home and daily life.
5. Hot pink skinny jeans from R.E.U.S.E. where jeans are made from 80% recycled cotton.
6. FB for VPL Clutch in pistachio (my favorite spring color) by Fleabags, a company that strives to create products that are as green as possible while maintaining high quality and covetable design.
7. TOMS sustainable wedges in Oahu – not only are these shoes made with sustainable material ( they are made with materials that contain recycled natural fiber and/or organically grown components, and are grown or manufactured using processes that minimize negative impact on the environment) but you’re also supporting TOMS’ one to one program where a child will receive a pair of shoes when you purchase yours.
HAVE A HAPPY (AND STYLISH) EARTH DAY!