I got a couple emails asking about our outfits in the holiday photos I shared earlier this week so I thought I’d put together a post of what the kids wore. I always love to put together holiday outfits for Z and was so excited to now have Baby M this year and the challenge of finding coordinating outfits for them – not too matchy patchy but definitely meant to go together. The first step was finding Z’s dress. She is really into girlie, frilly dresses lately and when I saw this dress by Joyfolie on super clearance on Gilt (I got it for less than $10!) I knew that was her Christmas dress. I also knew I wanted Baby M to be all gussied up in suspenders and a bowtie because, well, what’s cuter than that? So then I found this amazing woman on etsy who makes bows, bowties, and knits beautiful scarves (one of her scarves is definitely on my Christmas list this year!). I loved the tomato plaid for a pretty red and placed my order. I changed out the pink ribbon for red on Z’s dress and then found red sweaters for them both. And well, you know the rest – you’ve seen the photos! Ps. Hover below for links! You probably know that, but thought I’d share as the linked words are not quite as obvious on my new blog design.
1. Red Cardigan crewcuts. 2. Hair bow Lululuvs etsy shop. 3. Dress Joyfolie (from Gilt). 4. Glittery shoes Nordstrom (very similar). 5. Cable knit tights Old Navy.
1. Pants with suspenders H&M (similar). 2. Bowtie Lululuvs etsy shop. 3. White Button down shirt babyGAP. 4. Shawl-Collar Red Cardigan Old Navy. 5. Herringbone Robeez Amazon (similar).
We all have sneakers for running/working out, but I’ve always loved a casual sneaker for every day – like your converse all stars, for example. Well, I am finding TONS of awesome casual sneakers out there right now, and being super duper pregnant and still chasing after a wild 2 year-old, you can imagine my kicks have been in major use lately.
1. Technically these New Balance sneakers are from the boys department at crewcuts, but did you know the conversion for women’s sizes to boys? Your shoe size minus 1 1/2 – I wear a 7 1/2 women’s shoe, 6 in boys.
2. I have always loved a good Marimekko print, so these Converse Oxford Unikko sneakers are just fab – and on sale!
3. The kate spade and keds partnership made some cutey cute casual sneakers, I am partial to the polka dot New York Kick sneaker.
4. Zara always has fun casual sneakers (albeit pricey), this season I am digging the Sneakers with Detailing with that tiny hint of pink.
5. Always being a metallic fan (my favorite neutral), I had to include these new Converse Lace Up sneakers in silver – on my list!
6.I haven’t gone down the casual hightop sneaker road myself, but if I did, I’d try these DKNY Lace Up Wedge Sneakers, don’t you love that coral color?
By March I am always DONE with wearing a heavy winter coat, aren’t you? It’s like…it’s been long enough, winter – I’m ready for something lighter and more colorful! So it comes as no surprise that it seems as though my Z is the same way. In the fall we did a little shopping at our favorite local second hand store (Growing Up in Belmont, MA) where we found her winter boots, a few other summer items, and this amazing spring jacket. In ebay terms this jacket was NWT (new with tags) and from the Missoni for Target line – score! As soon as my Z saw it in our coat closet a couple weeks ago she has demanded to wear it every day – no more winter coat!
Jacket – Missoni for Target (second hand) / Pants – Joe’s Jeans (TJ Maxx find) / THE boots (GAP Outlet)
My little Z is really into accessories right now, no shocker there. She’s always had a thing for shoes, but recently, we cannot leave the house without a bow in her hair – I agree with her, you always need a little something to accessorize your outfit, right? Well, let me tell you about bows on a toddler. We have bows given to us by cousins, bows I’ve made myself, bows we’ve found on etsy that are so cute and overpriced…and they all get lost. Always. In fact, I drew the line this past Friday after she lost one of the bows I made myself and declared we are never paying more than a dollar or spending more than one minute making a hair bow ever again. Later that day we made a quick trip to the mall to run an errand and I was so delighted to find the answer to our bow issues. Good ‘ol Forever 21 has a toddler bow department! Well, maybe these bows aren’t necessarily made for toddlers, but they fit the description of any bows now entering our home – they are cool, cute, tiny, and just $1.80/pair (that’s less than $1/each people)! We bought a few…
I threw in that little headband for $2.80 for good measure.
And she has been in bow heaven ever since (she wore a bow and the bow headband yesterday) – and by the way, we haven’t lost one yet, how ironic!
My Z is an active girl – always running, spinning, climbing, etc… and therefore, she spends most of her time in pants. When I want to dress her in something a little more dressed up she ends up looking like she’s ready for a day at the office, which I think is a pretty cute look for a toddler. Here’s one of our fave business casual looks she’s been sporting lately. *Note the bow, she is obsessed with putting a little clip in her hair – always accessorizing? I don’t know where she got that from…
Hair clip – Nordstrom (old). Sweater – crewcuts (similar). White Collared shirt – Old Navy (old). Pants – Joe’s Jeans in black, TJ Maxx find. Shoes – Livie & Luca.
Linked up today with:
I have been wearing lots of black and white lately with a pop of color, sometimes in my shoes or bag, or sometimes with a brightly painted nail. Remember my MiniLuxe nail polish pedicure and how great it looked with my black and white GAP tribal pants? Or a few weeks ago when my Z and I had a black and white day? Anyway, I thought I’d put together a complete black and white outfit for you and – since it’s summer sale season – most of the items included today are on sale!
1. I love this little Three-Pocket Tank dress from Kate Spade Saturday. It’s so cute for the end of the summer, then paired with a cardigan as we jump into Fall. 2. Animal bangles are everywhere right now, this Elephant Bangle from a-thread is cute with this black and white outfit. 3. Zoya Dahlia nail polish is the perfect black for a manicure – I love the glitter! 4. I love this Zoey clutch by Milly from Bloomingdales. The pink is my POP of color! 5. Essie nail polish in Marshmallow is great for a white pedicure, and on trend right now. 6. These Sam Edelman Gigi flat sandals from Bloomingdales are great – so basic, able to be worn with everything!