I feel like the title of this post needs to be said in a mean mommy tone with a finger shaking and pointed right at you, ha!
Hello! I haven’t blogged since the day before the first day of this year, oops. Honestly, so much has changed since then but then again everything is still the same. I have so much to share, recipes to urge you to make, and a few new fashion finds to mention…but for now I thought I’d give you the top 5 reasons (excuses?) to answer the question: Where Have You Been?
5. Our winter was so mild we were actually sad about how little snow we had (and how poor the ski conditions were!). We were able to be out and about as usual, no winter slow down here!
4. I’ve lost 15 pounds! Sort of on purpose – I kick-started the weight loss doing that crazy 21 day fix program which worked but was a nightmare when I was living through it, I’m not going to lie, but obviously if you follow their plan, you will see results. But mostly the weight loss was a way of life change of how and what I eat (and how much, let’s be honest) and I’m happy about it nonetheless.
3. Speaking of weight loss I have also given up added sugar (I should probably dedicate an entire post to this). In 2015 I gave up sugar in my coffee (which I never thought I could do) and when I started the 21 Day Fix I decided to give up sugar while I was at it. Since 1/1/16 I’ve had sugar a handful of times (including one of these bad boys). I miss it, but I feel so much better now without sugar that I think I’ll stick with it. I know this is where a lot of the weight loss comes from because when you don’t eat added sugar you are also basically giving up all processed food (crackers, cereal, energy bars, bottled salad dressing, etc…) and focus more on whole foods. And that made me lose even more weight after the 21 Day Fix was over.
2. I am officially a Baby Boot Camp Instructor. So. Much. Studying (oh the anatomy I had to learn…)! So. Many. Exams (including a practical that I had to do over webcam, pretty humiliating…)! But now that it’s over I can say it was worth because I love it! And when you get a text from your mom friend saying she can’t walk down the stairs because her quads are so sore from your workout – success!
And the number answer to the question: Where Have You Been?
1. Styling children’s clothing! Remember when I told you about my new job at Mac & Mia? Well, bam! No time left to blog. Any spare time I spent blogging is now spent getting, styling, and retaining customers. And I love every second of it! In fact, here is a link for you to get a box of clothes for your kids and get $20 toward your first purchase. And use code JESSJ to be styled by me.
Where have you been? I have so many posts planned in my head, I hope to be back here soon!
One thought on “Where Have You Been?”