Ruffles…not just for the bums of baby tights anymore! Ruffles are everywhere right now and are huge for spring fashion. But as an adult how do you incorporate a ruffle without looking like a 3 year old? I bought this amazing faux leather jacket from Zara recently that has just a hint of ruffle on the shoulders. It’s just enough to add a little drama and interest to the jacket, and it inspired me to dust off the ‘ol keyboard and put a blog post together.
Some tips on wearing ruffles as a grown woman:
– When you’re an adult wearing ruffles, stick to one ruffled item at a time.
– You want to pair your ruffled item with something a little edgy to balance it out…distressed denim, ankle boots, a (non-ruffled) bomber, denim, or leather jacket.
– Have fun! It’s always fun to try a new trend, dive in and experiment the next time you’re in a dressing room!
- Here’s the Leather Effect Frilled Jacket from Zara I mentioned above. It’s so cute on and the ruffle at the wrist and waist is just enough.
- I’m always looking for a way to elevate my jeans and a t-shirt mom uniform and this Bobeau Poplin Ruffle Tee from Nordstrom certainly does the trick! This would great with white jeans (obviously) but also with a pair of light distressed jeans.
- These Loeffler Randall Vera Ruffle Slide Sandals are gorgeous! I love the delicate ruffle in suede.
- I love this Willow and Paige Ribbed sweater from ASOS! The ruffled shoulders are totally adorable. I have the sweater in purple and white stripes and usually wear with dark denim and black ankle boots but it also comes in pink and beige.
- J. Crew is doing ruffles on a bathing suit! This Ruffle Bandeau One-piece is adorable and a little bust ruffle is always a nice way to flatter anyone with a smaller top.
- These Tory Burch Ruffle Sneakers are the cutest. Sneakers. Ever! Perfect for spring/summer.
Are you wearing ruffles yet?!