Since Earth Day is next Monday, April 22nd, I thought I’d put an outfit together that is environmentally green – whether the items are made from recycled material and/or made in a green certified factory. It’s not an easy feat, even in these times, to know you’re buying something that hasn’t hurt the environment – but the options are out there if you just dig a little deeper. And you can clearly still look great while saving the Earth.
1. Adorable striped cashmere sweater from Chinti and Parker, a clothing company created by 2 cousins with the mission to create beautiful, ethically made garments that value style on par with substance.
2. Ultra Tee – Made of 100% Tencel Lyocell Fine Jersey, it is produced exclusively from the wood pulp of Eucalyptus making it one of the most environmentally friendly man-made cellulosic fibers.
3. Large wood bangle bracelet from Green Diva Jewelry. Only a few of these bangles can be produced each year as they are handcrafted using palm wood from South America only after it has naturally and sustainably fallen to the ground, rather than being harvested.
4. Jessica Alba’s new book The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You where she writes about her personal journey of discovery and reveals her tips for making healthy living fun, real, and stylish, while offering a candid look inside her home and daily life.
5. Hot pink skinny jeans from R.E.U.S.E. where jeans are made from 80% recycled cotton.
7. TOMS sustainable wedges in Oahu – not only are these shoes made with sustainable material ( they are made with materials that contain recycled natural fiber and/or organically grown components, and are grown or manufactured using processes that minimize negative impact on the environment) but you’re also supporting TOMS’ one to one program where a child will receive a pair of shoes when you purchase yours.
HAVE A HAPPY (AND STYLISH) EARTH DAY!